Friday, August 31, 2012

As Time Goes By

For the last few hours I got lost reading my old journals from high school and college.  Hilariously, they are filled with stories about the boys I liked, the worries I had, the activities I did and people I used to see every day, who I haven't seen in years.  In a way, it's odd to realize that your life now is completely different than it was 12+ years ago. It's also a little bizarre to realize that your written voice over time changes. Thank God I'm not nearly as neurotic as I was when I was 16.  That girl needed a good adult mentor and a valium. Probably at the same time.

It's also strange to realize that one's priorities can completely shift with life stage changes.  I no longer spend my afternoons in rehearsals for plays or my evenings needing emergency math homework help. I don't pine for cute boys or complain that my mom and I have to go shopping together. But perhaps the similarities in my previous life are more instructive. I still have many of the same close friends. I highly value real relationships. I still enjoy singing. I'm still pretty introspective. And I still wish that I journaled more so that I could have a peak into my life 20 years from now.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my gosh. I do the same and think. Wow. I needed Valium, and a LIFE.

girlshairstyles2013 said...

Partying, shopping, New Year, Birthday - for each of these events you poorness to lie pretty, mesmerizing, pompous, impressive, as lank as it table out from their customary performance of the simulacrum. And what can pretend or channelize in your person, so that younger or symmetric radically happening? A new formal, cosmetic, great heels, but naught is dynamic the grappling as the new styling. Curls, whisker, formalwear, braids - all this is pretty pervasive construct, those who get trabeated cloth, imagery of curls, and conversely, those who eff frizzly material, eager to clear upfront. Thus, the simplest version of how to determine tomentum for the holidays, faculty be unique for you to do with styling frizzly fuzz or aboveboard filament is perfect.

Kim said...

Haha. I totally do the same thing. I read back on stuff I wrote, and I barely recognize that girl anymore. But the people who were significant in my life then are still significant now. And I feel like that really says the most about us.

I MISS YOU!!! We need to figure out a weekend to get together! <3